* * * FOR THE ATTENTION OF NON-DEIS SCHOOLS ONLY * * *
PDST Programme of Support for Literacy and Numeracy 2014
PDST is offering the following series of workshops at:
Kildare Education Centre
FIRST STEPS SPEAKING AND LISTENING (ORAL LANGUAGE)
During these workshops teachers will explore the planning, teaching and assessment of Oral Language as outlined in the First Steps Speaking and Listening resources.
This series of 3 two-hour evening workshops will enable teachers and schools to:
- become critically aware of the processes and skills involved in learning to speak and listen
· - examine a framework for assessing Speaking and Listening
· - explore a range of teaching methodologies used to develop the skills of Speaking and Listening
· - explore a range of practical activities to support the teaching of Speaking and Listening
Participants will be expected to attend all three workshops.
NB: Participants are advised to bring laptops.
The workshops will take place as follows:
Venue: Kildare Education Centre
Revised Dates: 3 consecutive Thursdays: 1st, 8th & 15th May 2014
Time: 5pm – 7pm
Booking: Please register on-line
Please LOGIN or REGISTER for this course