The PDST is delighted to offer this Writing Genre Workshop in Kildare Education Centre.
This is a series of two x 2-hour Workshops. The purpose of these workshops is to up-skill teachers in relation to the structured teaching of a variety of written genres.
The objectives of the workshops include;
· To allow participants to reflect on their current practice in relation to the teaching of writing
· To enable participants to explore a range of writing genres
· To examine a structured approach to the teaching of writing genres
· To elicit the seven step approach to teaching a writing genre through the writing to socialise genre
· To allow participants to share practice and reflect on classroom based activity since workshop one
· To explore the narrative genre of writing through the seven step approach
· To engage participants in a carousel of activities relating to the genres of writing
· To provide a context within which participants can share practice and plan collaboratively for the future teaching of writing
Session 1 – Monday 3rd November 2014 (Time: 4pm-6pm)
Session 2 – Monday 17th November 2014 (Time: 4pm-6pm)
P Please Note: This is a 2-Part workshop and participants must attend BOTH sessions
Please LOGIN or REGISTER for this course